According to a new leading case of the Federal Supreme Court, the recognition of a foreign certificate – in this case the certificate of inheritance established by the Egyptian court – should be refused in Switzerland when it is manifestly incompatible with Swiss public order, that is to say, when it runs against the fundamental principles of the Swiss legal order in an unacceptable way.
We have prepared a pdf for you, which examines the following points:
Legal Situation in Switzerland regarding certificates of inheritance
- What is a Swiss certificate of inheritance and why do I need one?
- What are the legal effects of the Swiss certificate of inheritance?
- What are the costs for a Swiss certificate and how long does it take to be issued?
- Who is entitled to request a Swiss certificate of inheritance
- What else is required in order to obtain a Swiss certificate of inheritance
Judgement of the Federal Supreme Court as of November 21th, 2016, 5A_355/2016
- Considering in law
Please click on the button below to download the pdf.
Stay on top of the latest legal topics and subscribe to our blog here: